Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Hang-Out

I love having a hang-out. I've always watched "Friends" coveting Central Perk or Seinfeld's coffee shop. I wanted to have a place "where everybody knows you're name." I've been searching since I moved here for that place. A restaurant wouldn't work because you cannot move around and hang out for as long as you want. A coffee shop was a good idea. For a while, I tried the Starbucks in our area. However, it's one of the busiest ones in the nation. Therefore, it's crowded and loud.

Finally, I've found a hang-out...the Cocoa Tree. Since we've been going there every week and claiming the back room for ourselves, it's become our hang-out. The light blue and chocolate walls have a calming and warm effect. The chocolate is a dream! Most of the workers know us by name. People stop by and hang out. We meet new friends. What more could you ask for in a hang-out?

3 comments:

kelli beth said...

i've always wanted a place like that too, auny...

Amber said...

Sounds Awesome! Does Michael W. Smith's daughter still work there, and if so, does she know you by name?

Anonymous said...

It was Friday night. Your dad and I were eating out. We thought, "we wonder where A&B are?" We thought...Cocoa Tree. Mom