Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tired, Sore, Satisfied

I am so tired right now. Since our show last night was in Jackson, TN which is only a couple of hours from home, we drove home after the load out. We didn't get in until 2 something. It's raining outside, perfect weather for sleeping, but somehow I couldn't sleep after 9:30, so here I am.

You know when you wake up and feel like you've been hit by a train? That was me 30 minutes ago. I'm starting to feel a little more alert though. The soreness is setting in. After we do a big show, we are always sore all over. When my head hit the pillow last night, every muscle ached. The job we do is very physical...loading in, setting up, the show itself, tearing down, and loading out.

However, there is a sense of satisfaction. When your muscles are sore, there is some sense of accomplishment. Also, the show went really well. Therefore, I'm tired, sore, and satisfied!

2 comments:

OneVoice said...

hm.....I've never been hit by a train before!!
wow! I am glad you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gills,
I was one of the people in the crowd during your show. It was really amazing. You know how spiritual warfare is. I got out of work late. Sinuses started draining. Almost got ran over. Had problems with my debit card.

Anyway, just to say, it was worth it. I prayed that I wouldn't be the devil's puppet and instead turn to righteousness.

PS - You blow Copperfield out of the water.