Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Text Message from the Lord

The other night, Brock was feeling a little down (and he never feels down). It was around midnight and I was headed to the kitchen to warm up my bed buddy (that's the corn in a sock thing that helps warm up your feet). As it was heating, I prayed that the Lord would encourage Brock and speak to him in some way.

At that moment, I heard Brock's phone, which happened to be in the kitchen, make the noise indicating that he'd received a text message. Who would be sending him a message after midnight? I took the phone to Brock out of curiosity.

Within seconds of my prayer, Brock received a message from a friend whom Brock rarely hears from that simply said "Isaiah 54." The Lord spoke to Brock through His Word at the time Brock needed it. Wow! The Lord really cares for His own.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

wooow!! that's amazing!
this things happen but sometimes are not so direct as this time.

Amber said...

That's SO encouraging!!!