Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cold Show

The temperature in Johnson City, TN had dropped considerably over the night, and it was in the 30's yesterday. We performed in this small auditorium. There was no backstage room on the stage, so I had to unpack the illusions down in the loading area right beside the big garage door where we loaded in from. It was freezing. The whole auditorium was chilly, but down in the "garage" where I worked, it was literally freezing!

During the show, I bring out illusions and set up all of the props onstage. I also participate in many of the illusions in this show. While I'm not onstage, I'm tearing down the illusions that we've already performed. Therefore, I spent a lot of my time down in the freezing "garage" area.

Also, all of the illusions that I perform in are alluminum. Since these illusions had been in the freezing area, they were freezing too. I didn't realize how much cold could affect you. My hands wouldn't work correctly. I was slower on my movements and reaction times. Oh well! It was worth it! The show was good and people were saved!

If you would like to see Shannon's take on the road, go to her blog www.sdenise519.blogspot.com.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny,
Yes it was cold there. After seeing the show in Myrtle Beach and the audience's energy there, the show in Johnson City seemed to start off a little slow. I believe it was the audience just was not into it at first. Maybe they were cold and trying to stay warm. However, the audience did finally start warming up and really enjoyed the show.
The best part was out of the 235 people in attendance we had 28 decisions for Christ.
In North Mrytle Beach on Wed. night we had 400 in attendace with 91 decisions. Then Thursday night we had 1000 people in attendance with 76 decisions for Christ.
Our ministry at Ground Zero along with our Impact Team of youth workers will be doing a lot of follow up on all of these decisions making sure that the teenagers are plugged into a youth group and are descipled.

Thanks to you and Brock and the ministry that you have yeilded your life to. I really enjoyed hanging out with you all this past week. You have a great heart for God and to share his love to the people.

Earl Long
Network Minister
Ground Zero
www.get-connected.org