Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Traditions

Since we moved from Florida in 1991, we haven't had much of a Thanksgiving tradition. All of my extended family such as grandma, cousins, aunts, and uncles live in Florida. Therefore, it became just my parents, sister, and me. So, we began going out of town for Thanksgiving. One year, we went to San Antonio and ate burgers for Thanksgiving.

That particular year, I had a professor in college who was very animated (Mr. Taylor for fellow ETBUers). He would talk to different people as he gave the roll call. He chose me to ask what I had for my Thanksgiving meal. When I responded with burgers, he nearly fell over. Throughout the entire class, he kept coming back to me and saying..."Really, burgers for Thanksgiving?"

This year, we will be in Galveston. My parents, sister, and brother-in-law come into town tonight. We are planning to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday in the beach house in which we are staying. It will be nice. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my family does have family traditions. We jus eat and hang out at home.

On thanksgiving Day, we all come to church and have a thanksgiving feast with all the bros and sisters. We bring lots of food and then play a game. Have u heard of it < Hot and Cold>

Well u hide something and someone tries to find it. But instead of saying "hot" when he/she is close to the object, we make turkey sounds. We all bugg out and have a ball

pedro
ps, my blog is still not working

Amber said...

Hopefully no "Dog slobber ham" this year!!!!! Hope ya'll have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!

Barbara said...

we don't have thanksgiving. but your option sounds cool.
i hope you had spend a beautiful day.