Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Daniel: My Dream

I had such a vivid dream one night about six months ago. I dreamed that Brock came onstage to do a show drunk. He was a lousy drunk too. He was angry and he couldn't do his illusions correctly. (You must be very sharp mentally in order to pull off illusions.) The promoter of the event ended up pulling him off of the stage.

I woke up in a sweat with the story about Daniel and his friends in the Bible on my mind. I frantically looked up the story. Daniel and his buddies decided not to eat the food from the Babylonian king. Instead, they drank only water (no alcohol)and ate vegetables (Daniel 1). I later found in my studying that when he said vegetables, it also included fruits and grains.

This year, Brock has become a very healthy eater. He only drinks water and eats lots of fruits and veggies. We eat organic as much as possible. Our policy is that if it takes technology to get it on our plate, it's not very good for us. Therefore, we eat mostly meat, nuts, fruits, and vegetables. It sounds much like Daniel.

I'm not trying to debate whether alcohol is wrong or right. It's just wrong for us. The Lord showed me in that dream what could destroy Brock's ministry. Has the Lord showed you anything specifically for you? We are all different and He knows our weaknesses as well as our strengths. He handles us differently at times according to our traits. He may not give you a vivid dream, but He has many ways of getting His point across to His children. He knows how to speak to you and just what you need to hear.

0 comments: