Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day Directed By the Lord

I don't know if you've ever tried fasting, but there is just something about it. I was praying for the meeting and it went excellant! However, a lot of other things that I had been praying about came to be yesterday morning. I felt like the Lord was directing my day. First of all, on my way to see my friend that I meet and pray with weekly, I was praying about my job. Since we are here on the weekdays and we have some extra financial needs, I decided to look for a little partime job. However, I've been looking for two weeks without any hope of anything. Everyone was either not hiring or only looking for someone to work on the weekends. My prayer was that the Lord give me the right job and have only the place where he wants me to work call me back. At the end of that prayer, I tagged on that I wished it could be a bookstore. An hour later, Barnes and Noble called and set up an interview with me. The interview went very well and the job looks very promising.

Then, when I met with my friend, she gave me a spiritual gifts' test and analysis. I was beginning a Beth Moore Bible study that night with a group of girls. However, after we listened to the cd that goes along with the study, we'd be too tired to go through a test. A little while later, I found out that we weren't able to get the cd's for the study until next week. I said that we could talk about spiritual gifts. It worked out perfectly!

I was praying for one particular girl yesterday because she's going through a hard time. I haven't seen her in a while. Yesterday, I ran into her twice. Both times, we had very good conversations about the Lord and how He was involved in her life. What a great day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad i married a girl who prays

Anonymous said...

you got a lucky one too, brock! :) Good luck with your job

ginsmom said...

i love days like that...

Lindsey said...

I'm glad you had a good day! I Pray for you and Brock every night so i will try and make sure i pray about your job girl! Love you!

Lindsey said...

So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Pedro said...

details, details!!!!

Pedro said...

Happy V day!!!