Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Brock and I are planning on spending the day together. It's already a magical day because snow is gently falling to the ground. It's been really cold here lately but not much snow. However, today there is plenty of it!

I'm making Brock poppyseed muffins for breakfast as I write this. Then, for lunch, he's going to make me his famous shrimp and potatoes. We're just going to hang out around our house together.

Tonight, we are going to celebrate with our friends. Our plan is to go to eat at one of our favorite thai restaurants together. Then, we're going to the Cocoa Tree, of course. We always go there on Wednesdays anyway. Then, we are going to see a movie together!

Can food be a love language because I think that ours is FOOD. What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day?

8 comments:

ginsmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ginsmom said...

Steven & I never go out for V-day. You can't get into any restaurant here without at least a two-hour wait, and most don't take reservations.

So we plan to have a nice dinner at home. I don't mind, because I love to cook. Tonight I'm making shrimp with grilled peaches in chili sauce, and strawberry shortcake for dessert...both are to DIE for!

Come to think of it, I think food may be our love language too :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing as good as Brock's shrimp and potatoes. Yummy!

But...we do have a church Valentine's banquet tonight. Every year they do something to show their love toward some sort of ministry. Tonight they made cards of all the things we need to prepare to go overseas and people are going to pick a card and give money for us to go buy that. There are things ranging from mosquito repellent to a video camera. That is really sweet of them to do that. God is so faithful.

Have a great day! See you soon...Kay

Pedro said...

I send myself a Valentine comment..

I also send Valentine ecards....last night. ;)

God is my Valentine and my family

Who wants to be my Valentine>>.

anyone, oooookkkkkkkaaayyyyy

1

Anonymous said...

I am spending the day with my husband and kids since we are home due to the snow and ice. It is the perfect day. No one has to go to work or school and we can watch movies and play games all day.

Games are certainly part of our love language.

There is also the chocolate hearts that we got for everyone (not quite the Cocoa Tree, but it will do).

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

yfpThat sounds very cool!
i'm going to do nothing. But tomorrow is going to be my valentine' day.

Amber said...

Staying in with the family! Cooking a nice dinner with LOTS of sweet treats to follow!!! I know what you mean about not wanting to wait in line for two hours on V.D. We always go out the weekend before or after, for a nice dinner!

Anonymous said...

my daddy got me a dozen carnations! isnt that sweet!! :)