Monday, February 05, 2007

Freezing!

I am sitting in a bakery in downtown Franklin trying to warm up my body to a normal temperature. We weren't planning on coming into town until 2pm today, but plans changed last night in the wee hours of the morning...

We flew back into town at around 2pm yesterday. We stayed out all day going from party to party until around 10 last night. I went straight to bed and was sleeping soundly until sometime in the middle of the night. I noticed that my nose was cold. I normally don't do this, but I had to pull the covers up over my head. This morning, we woke up extra early only to realize that our heat went out in the middle of the night. The only thing that saved us in the night was our electric blanket that we had on full blast.

If any of you know us, you know that we are both the biggest wimps when it comes to the cold. Growing up in Florida and Brock in Louisiana, we aren't used to temperatures down in the teens like it was last night. Even this morning, it was only 17 degrees! So, we made a plan. We turned on the little heater in the bathroom. Then, we stayed under the covers until it was time to take a shower. We brought our clothes in the bathroom and got ready in there. The heater coupled with the hot shower actually worked nicely. Then, we ran to our truck and came into town! I'm just beginning to warm up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets move to mexico today. somwhere nice and warm. maybe cozumel? ok good. lets go

Amber said...

WHAT A BUMMER!!! I hope you get your heater fixed like today!!! Stay warm!

Barbara said...

go to CancĂșn. Is beautiful

Pedro said...

yeah, go and live with barbara

AUNY said...

We got the heater fixed, but I'm strongly considering moving to Mexico.

Barbara said...

REALLY!!!!
YEES! COME TO MEXICO!
i can make you a tortilla soup hahaha and some chilaquiles hahaha

Pedro said...

Viva la Raza