Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My First Day at Work

I had a really good first day at work. They are starting me off in the cafe. I wish that I could be in the book section, but that's okay. I get to interact with people a lot. I enjoy that.

When I told my dad on the phone that I was working in a cafe, he started laughing. Then, I told my mom on the phone and she began laughing too. Picturing me serving coffee is apparently comical. Mom said that picturing me in the kitchen period is funny. I've had some "incidences" in the kitchen when I was growing up.

It was a little overwhelming trying to learn how to make different drinks especially since I don't really like coffee. In fact, I hate the taste of it. Until yesterday, I didn't even know what a latte really was. However, the girl training me on how to make the drinks said that I did very well on my first day. At one point, she said that she was impressed after it got busy that I didn't panic and scream, "I can't do this!" I guess people have done that in the past. After doing a live show always making sure everything with the production and the magic tricks are going right, making a few drinks for people don't compare in the amount of pressure!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

how???
You'll not work with brock??

Anonymous said...

Yes. I will always work with Brock. This is just a little part-time job a few hours during the week.

Anonymous said...

im so glad its working out!