Friday, August 17, 2007

Good Week

This has been a good week at home. I've been very domestic which is not normally like me. I baked a peach cobbler from scratch. I even used real peaches. I was making it for Bethany, the chocolatier at the Cocoa Tree. I knew that she uses organic, natural stuff, so I figured I would do the same. It took two hours to make!!!

I also washed 8 loads of laundry which took a day and a half. I know I tell you this often, but I have yet more respect for you housewives and working mothers. It's so much harder than you think! I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to throw kids into the mix!

I still have so much to do, but I've been giving myself a break this week. I've been working at a slow pace with many breaks. I've even watched a few movies. I also have been trying not to have so many high expectations. One of my problems is that I expect too much out of myself and others. This week, I took a break from that and it's been great! I'm going to try to strive for excellence, yet not get too unrealistic with my expectations in the future.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

The peach cobbler ROCKED my world!! Thank you for doing that for me. :) I told Brock that I will make you guys some truffles at your house as a thank you. You are awesome.

Leah said...

The key, Auny, is organization. Lists for lists and lists for chores. This is especially true for boys (even husbands).
I remember teaching Ronnie to read the box of macaroni when we first got married and to stop asking me how to cook it every time.
Men, and boys, need a strategic plan of action. 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
This has been learn, for me, through a lot of trial and error. Mostly trial.
I even make lists for myself. What do I need to do today? What do the kids need to do today? What does Ronnie need to do before Friday? etc., etc, etc.
Anyway, I know you didn't ask for the advice, but if you should some day have eight kids, you'll know how all the other moms keep their heads on straight!

Anonymous said...

when will you be throwing kids into the mix? j/k. lol