Saturday, August 04, 2007

Journal Entry

This is one of my journal entries from a couple of weeks ago:

We were all waiting for it. I had gone to bed early just to see it. I didn't set and alarm but at 5:33am, I bolted out of bed anxious to see it. There were at least 50 others waiting...watching to get just a glimpse.

Over an hour later, it still had not made and appearance. We saw hints of it coming. At around 7am, it peaked over the clouds. I felt like clapping and screaming with a standing ovation, but all I could do was just stand there. I was in awe...I was stunned. What a gorgeous sight! To think, sunrises happen everyday.

Suddenly, I felt exposed. I was standing on the balcony of my hotel in Daytona. It didn't occur to me that I only had my nightgown on until the sun so brightly pointed it out. I felt so warm and comfortable withint the sunlight, yet so small and vulnerable. This is a beautiful display of the Lord's power.

No matter what camera lense I use or what setting I place it on, nothing can compare to the actual sight of it. I don't care how awesome a painting is or how clever a building looks. No man can ever create something even close to what the Lord has made. He is the MASTER at creativity!





Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Auny for knowing just how to put life into perspective. I work at a local primary school and this last week was really, really hectic getting ready for school to start. I awoke this morning feeling as if I'd been in a boxing match! Thanks for sharing your "peace"....its contagious.

Teresa

Barbara said...

wooooooooow! I LOVE IT!
i really do... is beautiful.

woooooooow! LO AMO!
realmente... es hermoso.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and great journal writing. I felt your awe! Mom

Pedro said...

that was beautiful.

Nothing can come close to God's creation.

Now that's what sup!!


1