Thursday, August 30, 2007

Not Ready to Go

I'm not ready to leave town again tomorrow. I feel like I just got here. Maybe it's because I was sick the first three days that I was home, and I don't remember them very well. Maybe it's because I've only been home about 15 days in the last three months. Most of those days, I was trying to get ready to leave again the next day.

Pray for me. I'm having a hard time with this lifestyle right now. I love the shows and the ministry, but that takes up less than 10% of the time that we are actually on the road. The rest of the time is spent on planes or in cars, or sitting in a lonely hotel room with nothing to do.

I've finally made friends after doing this for eight years. It's difficult to keep up with friends after you meet them once or twice and then you're gone for two months. I'm a horrible phone talker as well. I cannot stand talking on the phone. Therefore, it's difficult for me to keep up with people when I'm on the road. It's made me harder in some ways. I hate that.

Last summer, we came home and nobody called us. We would call them to go hang out and they wouldn't call us back or were too busy for us. Basically, their lives had gone on for the summer and it didn't involve us. That was when we found this group of friends that we have now. We established those relationships before we left for the summer and they are still in place now. I'm so happy about that. I just wish that I could spend more time with them!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry, Auny! I can't imagine how hard this must be on you! Just know that there are LOTS of people who love you and pray for you daily!

I can't wait for our next reunion! True friendships NEVER diminish even when separated by time and distance!

Anonymous said...

i hope everything goes well. could you do a blog on spiritual gifts one day? i havent learned a lot about mine. i told you a mistake! i told you my gifts were helps and faith. it is actually helps and encouragement. i dont know why i put faith! if you cant, thats fine! have a fun and safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Just remember Auny, you have lots of us here who are your friend. Since reading your (and Brock's) blog over this past year I feel as if I've really gotten to know you. You are always an encouragement to me! Keep your chin up and remember your "bf"s (blog friends) are always here!

Teresa (in Georgia)

go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Jen and I pray for you guys a lot. We will continue.

Hopefully we can all hang when you guys get back.

Our new house... Grill....fun....

C

Anonymous said...

Taylor, maybe I can talk about spiritual gifts sometime soon!