Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mall of America

Yesterday, we had about an hour to kill before we had to be at the airport, so we went to the Mall of America in Minneapolis. I've heard a lot about this mall. Believe the hype. It IS the largest mall ever. It has a roller coaster inside of it!

I'm not much of a shopper. I'm more of a people watcher. At this mall, you could really people watch. There is so much diversity. Also, everyone seemed really nice and friendly to us.

We went to the bookstore where Brock got a magazine and me a book. Then, we swung by Urban Outfitters to see if they had any good sales. They didn't, so we began to meander around the huge mall.

A chocolate store caught our eye. It was a Lindt store. The American chocolatier happened to be present at the time. She told us some amazing facts such as: The Swiss consume 22 pounds of chocolate per person per year, whereas, Americans consume 12 pounds. I quickly told her that Brock eats about 50 pounds per year! She really liked us since we shared her passion of chocolate. She allowed us to taste test all kinds of their chocolate. Brock even tried some that was 99% cacao! It was great, but didn't quite measure up to the Cocoa Tree!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Lindt chocolate. I lived in Germany for 7 years and it is sold there as well. I also went to Salzburg Austria and visited loads of chocolate stores as well. If you like white chocolate and coconut try Ferrano chocolate. It is wonderful! It's a white chocolate center, surronded by a ball of wafer dipped in white chocolate sprinkled with coconut. Pretty tasty. I loved the chocolate in Germany as well as Austria. Well, I gotta go now and eat a chocolate Swiss Cake Roll!....hehehhe

Have a great day,
Teresa

AUNY said...

We tasted a white chocolate and coconut at Lindt. It was yummy!