Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Distractions

The other day, as we were driving to the venue to set up and perform, we both received phone calls from our moms. They both gave us not so good news. Satan seems to do that a lot. He tries to distract us right before we begin a show so that we aren't ready to share the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively. Realize, I'm not saying that our moms did anything wrong. They needed to tell us the information in which they did. I'm simply saying that Satan used it to his advantage to allow us to hear this right before a show and not be able to process it.

Well, I'll tell you this...it didn't work! In fact, this usually makes me know that the Lord is beginning to do something big that night or in our lives.

Neither one of us told each other about our conversations with our moms until we were back at our hotel room after the show was over and done. Then, we had to try and go to sleep. We simply prayed right then and there that the Lord would take care of everything and we laid it all at His feet. Both of us slept like babies.

It seems that on days in which we don't do shows or ministry, we are left alone. Lately, if I ever start to get tense, I run one of my favorite scriptures through my head..."Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty Hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all of your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." I Peter 5:6-7.

1 comments:

AUNY said...

I tell you what I suggest...going on a two week vacation and going to another country. That helps you have the right perspective on things. I'm still on a high from that break!