Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Little Things

Pray for us today. We are driving to Smyrna, TN to perform. It's about 45 minutes away which is nice because we can drive home tonight. Pray that the show goes well.

I wanted to add to what I was talking about yesterday. I'm very good at accepting and having faith in the big things. However, the little things are what get to me. It's so confusing for people around me, because I take everything in stride, and then, with no warning, something that's not a big deal at all will make me so upset.

I think that one of the reasons is because I GET that I shouldn't worry about things that are beyond my control. I cannot do anything about it, so it's easy for me to leave it up to the Lord. However, the little things are usually at least somewhat in my control. Therefore, I think about how I could have or should do something differently.

I'm still working on giving myself and others a break. With the Lord's help, I'm getting a little better at it, but I still need to work on it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

AUNY said...

Don't leave me hanging out there. Tell me what you think.

Amber said...

I wish I had some GREAT advice for you, but I also struggle with the little things! I'm such a planner that I just don't do well when things don't go as planned. You probably already knew that though:) Good luck, let me know when you get it all figured out, so you can pass the suggestions to me!

AUNY said...

Maybe it's a more common problem than I knew.

Shannon said...

I struggle with the little stuff too Auny and most of the time I make the little things way bigger than the big things. I get irritated when people don't call or when things are out of order. It's dumb, but I know exactly what you're dealing with...I wish I had an answer!