Saturday, February 02, 2008

Philly Cheesesteaks, Chicago Style Pizza, and Buffalo Wings

This morning, we flew from Dallas to Philadelphia with no problems. Then, we drove a couple of ours to a little town called Lititz, PA. We are performing at a church here right before the Super Bowl. It's an outreach, so pray for many changed lives.

Last time we were in Philadelphia we tried and tried to find Philly cheesesteak sandwiches but nobody knew what we were talking about. Someone actually pointed us to a mall food court.

This happens often...people don't realize what they are famous for. When I asked a waiter for a Chicago style pizza while in Chicago, he sighed and said, "Deep dish or thin crust.". I wanted to say, "Don't you know that Chicago style is deep dish?"

Do you know what they call Buffalo wings in Buffalo, NY? Chicken wings. Since Buffalo wings began there, they don't feel the need to say "Buffalo."

3 comments:

Matt and Meredith said...

Hi Auny. : ) Just want you to know I enjoy reading your blog and I really enjoyed reading the stories you posted while you were on vacation. They were such an encouragement and inspiration for trusting our incredible God. I was really encouraged!!!! Thanks for posting them.

Michawn said...

You are in Lititz!! CRAZINESS!!!! ALL (and I mean all) of Joel's mom's family lives right there in Lititz and Ephrata. I HAVE to tell them that y'all are there! What church are you at? When we go to PA for the holidays and such, that's exactly where we go.

AUNY said...

Thank you for telling me that, Meredith. I enjoy reading your blog too and looking at pictures of that adorable girl of yours.

Michawn, we are at LEFC. Joel's family will know where that is. They do a big Super Bowl outreach every year.