Friday, December 02, 2005

Connection in Prayer

I told you yesterday that I would write about Gin and my connection in prayer. This happened in April of 2003...

It sounded like a shotgun blast and glass scattered everywhere! Time stood still as I debated whether I was dead or alive. We were in Houston, so I immediately assumed this was a drive by shooting. Was I shot? I did not feel any pain. Maybe this was what it is like to be in shock. Then, I hear Brock instruct me to put on the brake and pull to the side of the road.

I inspected my person as well as Brock's and found no evidence of blood, just a lot of tiny glass fragments. The windshield of our big rig had a crater in it the size of a football on the driver's side.

We found out that a few pick-up trucks came by in the oncoming lane and threw cinderblocks at us. One hit the trailer as well and did some damage. Basically since I was driving, if it hit a few inches lower, I would be dead. The police officer confirmed that idea. He kept coming over to me and telling me how lucky I was to be alive.

This really shook me up. I realized how fragile life is and how close I came to death that night. Brock said that just a few minutes before the incident, he felt compelled to pray for our safety.

The next week, I e-mailed the happenings to my friend, Gin. She asked if it occurred on Friday night. I informed her that she was correct in that it was Friday night, but why did she ask? Gin replied that Friday night, she woke up in the middle of the night with me on her mind. She thought this was a little strange because she had not talked with me for a while. She felt the urgency to pray for me right then.

I was so comforted to know that the Lord not only protected me but also woke someone in the night so that she could intercede in prayer on my behalf. Interceding for someone before the Lord is one of the biggest responsibilities as well as privileges we have as believers. Gin is definately gifted and practiced in this area of her Christian walk.

0 comments: