Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Interview

Yesterday was a crazy day. Brock performed in Alabama last night, so I took him to the airport at around noon. On our way to the airport, we received the call that Brock had the phone interview with AP that afternoon. From that point on, he was on the phone with our office and publicist until he got on the plane. Then, he landed at around 3 something, had to drive 45 minutes to get to the show and pull over to have his interview all before 6pm.

He did it though. The interview went really well. Brock said that he was nervous (Brock rarely gets nervous.) The interview was supposed to last 15 minutes and ended up being about 45. I think that's a good sign. He asked Brock about 50 questions. Brock said that the guy was really excited about it and seemed to be interested in the show. Therefore, Brock thinks the guy will write a positive story. The way it works is that the Associated Press is at the top. They send out the information that goes to all of the media. For example, the people at the Today Show will see the story. Now, whether they choose to follow up on it or even read it is another story. This is what we need to pray about.

Before I dropped Brock off at the airport, I called one of my best friends that lives in Tyler, TX (about 3 or 4 hours away from my parents' house). She is a prayer warrior, so I definately wanted her to pray. Since I didn't know if she had access to internet lately, I called her. She was in Houston at the time. To my surprise, we were able to eat lunch together. She was having a big day career wise as well. The timing was incredible. We have a neat connection in prayer. I'll post the story tomorrow that will show you how wonderful of a prayer partner she is...

0 comments: