Monday, December 19, 2005

Feliz Navidad

The other day, we were at a party in which one of our friends, Mark Lee (www.marklee.typepad.com), began playing the guitar and leading us in a few Christmas carols. One of the songs he selected was "Feliz Navidad." It reminded me of something that happened back when I was 16...

My sister and I were singing "Silent Night" at a home for mentally challenged people. My sister, Kay, was 13 years old at the time. We were harmonizing the chorus when one of the patients from the audience jumped out of her seat. She began belting out "Feliz Navidad...Feliz Navidad..." Kay and I looked at each other not knowing what to do. We continued singing for a while although the lady was getting louder and louder. By the time she was singing "I wanna wish you a merry Christmas!," our cousin had quit playing his guitar and we had stopped singing. The rest of the audience seemed to enjoy this lady's song much more than our timid "Silent Night." They had all joined in the singing. Kay and I decided that if you can't beat them, join them. We began singing along and got in on the congo line that was forming. The lady might not have had the best voice, but we could take some lessons from her on the art of entertaining!

Don't forget to set your TiVo or VCR for the TV show called "The Miracles of Jesus" set to be aired at 1pm E.T. on Christmas Eve. Also, watch it live if you can and tell everyone you know to watch it. When you're Christmas shopping, stand in the center of your mall and yell out this info (or just tell your family and friends).

0 comments: