Saturday, December 31, 2005

Sand in My Shoes

I loved Ridgecrest and the cabin in the mountains, but I'm definately a beach girl. I grew up in Daytona Beach, FL and mom always says that I still have sand in my shoes. We're at Caswell Beach, NC right now. Even though it's a little chilly, I enjoy being here. I feel happy when I can look out at the ocean and smell the salty air. This facility is on an old fort. Today, Brock and I are going to explore the fort. Also, for some reason, the branches of the trees around the sea grow low to the ground which allows for good climbing. So, I'll be climbing trees and walking on the beach during our break this afternoon.

Don't get too excited for me. We are trapped on this fort with only a cafeteria for food. Actually, we bought some snacks and we've resorted to that for our meals. The cafeteria experience at Ridgecrest was enough to last me for the year!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I remember the revolving menu at Ridgecrest! Boy did that grow old after about two weeks. I don't envy you cafeteria food. Have fun at the beach!!!