Monday, December 12, 2005

Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

Normally, I don't decorate our house because we're not here for Christmas. However, since we are home this month, I decided to put up a tree. I actually had a Christmas box from college that had a few decorations. I hung some lights with Christmas style paper cups over a few of them and a couple of ribbons around my patio door. I also placed green and red candles around the fireplace and hung stockings from the mantle. My mom let me borrow my favorite nativity scene. The pieces are ceramic and can be moved around. My sister and I used to take turns rearranging the scene.

I had everything I needed to decorate a tree except the tree. Brock said that we could cut one down in the woods by our house. I wasn't so sure. Growing up in the city, I didn't know you could actually cut down your own! So, we set out out front door with a machete and giant clippers in hand (we only wanted a small 3 foot tree). We actually found one very quickly in our front yard. We could have spent some more time and found a prettier one, but it was really cold. It's slightly Charlie Brownish, but we like it. It's got character!

Check out our new website www.brockgill.com and tell me what you think. Don't forget to tell everyone...e-mail your friends, announce it at church, call your family from out of town, shout it from the rooftops (literally...go on top of your roof and start shouting it to everyone) that the show on Discovery channel airs Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Gin said...

Auny, I can just picture your tree! I bet it's fabulous. I'm wondering if some of your decorations are the ones we used on the little tree we bought for our dorm room in Ornelas...I hope so, that helps me picture it even better! Remember we didn't have much money, but we all wanted to do soemthing in our room for Christmas, so we went to the dollar store...we even bought each other gifts from the dollar store. That was one of the best Christmases I ever had!

AUNY said...

Those are the decorations I'm using! Brock wouldn't let me put up the ornaments from the dollar store, only the red balls. So, it has the gold and red ribbons, white lights, red balls, and the blinking lighted angel at the top.

Daryl said...

Auny and Brock thi is Daryl from Edmond, OK. How are you guys? Man I miss getting to stay up late and talk to you guys. I am sure that you really miss it too LOL.
Well, I just wanted to check in on you guys and tell you that I prayed for you today and I can't wait to see you again in just few short months. My wife, Evan, says hi too.
We love you