Sunday, December 25, 2005

Treasuring Up All These Things

After the shepherds came to visit Jesus, it says in Luke 2:19 that Mary "treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." She had seen an angel who told her the impossible was going to happen to her. Then, she carried this child for nine months. She probably had to keep pinching herself and reminding herself that this was really happening. Then, these strangers had heard that she just bore the Son of God and came to visit. This was just another comfirmation that this really was coming to action. I think when she was treasuring and pondering this in her heart, she was thinking about the magnificence of God and His Way. Everything was playing out just as His angel had promised.

On a much, much, (X 100) smaller scale, I definately was treasuring up everything in my heart yesterday. Several months ago, I told Brock that we just needed to pray that the next TV offer we got would be the one that the Lord wanted us to do, because whatever the offer was we were going to take it! Two days later, they called about this show and Brock was in Malta filming about a month later. When I watched the show with friends yesterday and other friends were calling and talking about how great it was, I was storing up all kinds of feelings. The Lord is so faithful and good. My friends whom I thought would forget to watch the show due to the holiday festivities took time to watch and support not only us but Jesus.

I really feel as if the Lord allowed Brock to share the stage with Him for just a little yesterday. It was as if Jesus was the star and Brock was the emcee. I just hope that Brock was able to introduce Jesus to people...not only to those for the first time, but also introduce Jesus in a new light for those who already know Him. I know that thru the program, I learned more about the God I serve.

1 comments:

Gin said...

Hi dear friend! I didn't call yesterday because I figured your phone would be ringing off the hook. I just wanted you guys to know that we watched the show yesterday and everyone thought it was awesome!

My family celebrated Christmas yesterday, since we had church today. Mom had our dinner ready at 12:00 on the dot (that's when the show aired here). So we prayed, fixed our plates, and ate Christmas dinner in the living room while watching "Miracles of Jesus." It was the best Christmas dinner we ever had :)

I'm sure this is only the beginning of what the Lord is going to do through you two!!!!