Thursday, January 25, 2007

Discussion on Spiritual Gifts

I perked up a lot last night because it was Cocoa Tree night! While we were there we had another discussion about spiritual gifts. Some people's gifts are obvious. We have one friend who is very giving. I remember talking with him six months ago about what he was doing for a living. He said that he wanted to get back into doing ministry, but his business was taking off. I asked him if he enjoys giving. If he is a giver, I explained, then the Lord would probably use his business skills in order to give him more to give. Within six months, the guy has been so blessed. He is definately blessing others with his spiritual gift of giving.

Another friend of mine is an encourager. They had my surprise party at her house the other night and a lot of my friends met her for the first time that night. We all agreed that her gift is very noticeable right from the start.

A lot of my friends are still struggling to figure out what their gift(s) are. My gift really came out when something happened in our lives. Whenever our trailer with all of our equipment was stolen, my gift of faith really came into play. We always have our gifts, but they need to be developed. So, until you acknowledge them or are forced to use them, they lie dormant. Are you working in your spiritual gift? Whenever you do, you thrive as a follower of Jesus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, i also very giving...sometimes to nice, i hope not/

i lend church folks my Brock gill dvd's and super cool music, and it gets to me w/ sratches, torns, even bitten by dogs. and late...Dont get me started on lateness.

but above that, i still am lead to "lend" to give.

that's enough for now ;)

1

holler at my in a few hours...I need to cool off

Anonymous said...

glad u liked the e-cards :)
your welcome and you deserve them

;)

1

Anonymous said...

auny, ur awesome. u give good "sermons". lol.

Anonymous said...

Auny, I was just searching the internet and came across your blog... WHAT A FANTASTIC FIND!! I read your post about spiritual gifts convo at the coco tree and thought... I know there are spiritual gifts studies (I think Beth Moore has one... and there are others) I don't want to make more commitments than necessary (the last thing we need is to be busy), however; it would be fantastic to do a study/read a book at the same time and then discuss it. What do you think?
Have a fantastic Monday!,
Nancy (Emily's Florida friend)