Friday, January 12, 2007

Umbrellas

My mom was always trying to get me to remember my umbrella when it rained. Now, I not only forget to bring my umbrella, I forget to buy one. On Sunday morning it was pouring down. I observed all of the people entering the church buried under their umbrellas. Then, I realized that we don't own one. I asked Brock if he was okay with not having an umbrella. He said yes. I said, "Good because I sorta don't believe in umbrellas. It's just a little water."

Our church is used to seeing us a little wet. We came to the "new members" meeting drenched. We rode over on our motorcycle when it began to rain. We put on our rain prevention gear. However, later we found out that we had accidently purchased windbreakers instead of the rain gear. That explains why it NEVER worked!

When you are riding a motorcycle is a time when you don't want to get wet. It hurts! I guess you would want to use an umbrella on your wedding day or prom night so as not to mess up your hair. Other than that though, I just don't think it's necessary.

1 comments:

Gin said...

I'm totally with you on this one. The few times I have owned an umbrella it has been short-lived, anyway.

I never know what to do with it when I get inside a place and it's all drippy, so I stack it with all the umbrellas of the responsible people of the world.

Then, of course, I invariably leave it there until it gets put into some "lost and found" bin (which I never check), and then makes it's way into some Goodwill or Salvation Army pile.

Somewhere out there, a lot of needy, responsible people are using my old umbrellas.