Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Giggling While Being Pulled Over by the Police

Saturday, while we were on the way to see Brock race, I got pulled over. I knew exactly why. Our bumper is still all bent up. We haven't got it fixed yet which was no problem until we went to get our license plate tags renewed. Last year, they distributed new license plates. Our bumper is in such bad shape that we cannot put the plate on. So, I had the new tag sitting on the floorboard of the front seat.

A little tidbit of information about me: I have a nervous laugh whenever I get pulled over. Sometimes, it's all I can do to not laugh in the officer's face. As soon as he came up to the truck full of girls, I said, "Hi!" He got right down to business. "Your tags expired September of 2006," he said. I said in the sweetest most innocent voice I could muster, "I know. My bumper is so bent up that I couldn't get it on." Then, I handed him the new plate.

He walked around the back of the truck and I followed him. I got so tickled at the sight of him just standing there trying to figure out what to do as he held my tag in his hands. I could barely contain myself. He didn't give me a ticket. In fact, the guy who started out very adement about my tags softened to the point that he was showing me how I could fix my bumper good enough to put the plate on.

I've discovered that my laughing is usually very beneficial when I get pulled over. When you girls and ladies get pulled over, act a little dingy and giggly. That way they think of you as the women and girls that they are trying to protect. Guys, you are on your own! In the meantime, I'm planning on getting our bumper fixed this week.

9 comments:

Gin said...

Auny, great advice! You know me...giggling isn't my natural response. Accordingly, I ALWAYS get a ticket. Next time I'll try your method :)

Anonymous said...

i'll probably just be cooperative and get what i deserve.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime

girls are so crafty

Anonymous said...

nice one....! i got 2 try that when i drive lol thanks 4 the advie ttyl bye!

Anonymous said...

i meant advice!

Anonymous said...

your the one who has trouble spelling, right?

that's ok ;)
holler at your boy
1

Anonymous said...

VOTE FOR PEDRO! SORRY! I HAD TO SAY IT! ;)

Anonymous said...

ha, ha, ha that was nice, thanks
:)

There's a t-shirt that says that u know. I got to get it

1

Anonymous said...

it definetly has you written all over it, pedro! :)

Anonymous said...

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh