Monday, January 15, 2007

A New Journal

Yesterday morning I had a thought to journal about some of the things the Lord is doing in my life. However, I had almost run out of pages in my journal. I began thinking about buying a new journal. Since money is tight this month, I decided to wait until next month, so the journalling would have to be put on pause.

I walked into my friends' church later on that morning and there in the entryway were stacks of brand new journals. My friend, Emily, leaned over and whispered that they were for visitors. "I'm a visitor!" I said a little too loudly since church had already begun. I got my new journal and it was even my favorite color, green!

This tells me a couple of things. First of all, the Lord is so sweet. This is not the first time He's given me a little gift that I asked for on that very day.

Another thing is that He's telling me that He wants me to journal. I used to journal all the time, but since I've been blogging, the journalling became less and less. I think that the Lord still wants me to write letters and prayers to Him...personal stuff between us.

I'm going to commit to journalling everyday! I will write my dreams, thoughts, prayers, praises, and everything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool story, Auny!

You are not alone in neglecting the journaling habit because of blogging. I used to be an avid journaler, but I've probably put in about three journal entries since I started my blog. That's one of my goals for '07 as well.

Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

i beat pedro! once again! haha. anyway...its funny because i just started writing in a journal as of janurary 1st, 2007. i write a prayer list, my goals, prayers, and what went on through the day. i think its a great idea. you should keep doing that. but dont forget to blog either! :)

Anonymous said...

i think jesus likes you

Anonymous said...

you think jesus likes who?

Anonymous said...

i let u taylor, just being a nice guy

a-uny that's very cool and beautiful.
i will do the same, thanks

that's what sup!
holler at your boy
1