Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Winter Blues

I feel a little down today. My sister always said that since we moved from Florida, winters give her the blues sometimes. I'm having one of those days. I'm not feeling very well. Yesterday, I was sick (maybe because of what I ate on my birthday...it was worth it though!). Today, I still feel a little badly and I have no motivation.

I've read that women are more affected by the weather than guys. Growing up in Florida, I'm used to being outside all year round. Now, it's just too cold to go outside. Also, it's been overcast. My first winter out of Florida took some getting used to. After it had been cloudy for a whole week, I asked someone why it was so gloomy. Their response was, "It's winter," as if it happens like this every year.

I have definately adapted better since then. Occasionaly, I still experience a day or two of the winter blues. The sun is beginning to come out, so maybe my mood will get more sunny! Does anyone else ever experience the winter blues?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Auny, it has been overcast here in Florida a LOT this month! Not a lot of rain, but a lot of clouds....it was nice and sunny yesterday morning and the the rains came and the clouds are still here. AND, I still get the Winter Blahs here in Florida! I think that it is the shorter days! Just turn the lights up brighter and think sunny thoughts!

Mrs. G

Anonymous said...

i beat pedro! ha! i do every once in awhile but most of the time...no.

Anonymous said...

Auny,

On those winter blah days make sure that your curtains are open so what sun there is can come in. Then turn on some really upbeat praise music and sing at the top of your voice.

That is my prescription for the blues.

Rhonda

Michawn said...

I definitely get the blues. I hate it. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, but other than that, I think winter pretty much sucks. I hate the time change during the winter where it gets dark at stinkin' 5pm. Yuck. Phoenix is great for all of that...great weather during the winter and they (AZ) don't participate in the time change thing. Anyhow, enough griping, but yeah...I can totally relate. "Come, summer, come!!"

Anonymous said...

Yeah i get the winter blues too!!! Here in Mississippi its cold during the winter but not old enough to snow but cold enough to keep you inside!...ANd i ain't much of an inside person..i would rather be outside!...But anyways i hope you feel better Auny!.. You don't live that far away so i know how you feel girl!...

Love you!

Anonymous said...

tyler u didn;t beat me, i let u

i sometimes experience the winter blues when am sick and i like the winter, cause it keeps people awake and not lazy, well most of the time