Friday, March 23, 2007

Family Visits

My mom and dad, sister and brother-in-law, and aunt are here visiting with us until tomorrow afternoon. Yesterday, we took our time getting ready and hanging out in Memphis. After driving home, Brock grilled some of his famous burgers. We sat out on the back deck and ate together. The weather was perfect! I picked a few flowers from our yard and placed it on the table.

Then, we went to the Cocoa Tree. Some of my friends came there to meet my family. We had a great time. One of the girls in our group just had her first single mastered (that means that her first official song is done and ready to go on an album). We went outside and listened to it standing outside of her car. There was probably about 25 of us dancing around to the beat of the music along the street. It was awesome!

I think that my family got a little taste of what we do as a community. We celebrate milestones like this together. If someone had some bad news, we would be crying together. However, last night, it was a party!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny,

Tell everyone that we send our love and are thrilled that you are having a great time. Also, tell Kay that we are praying for her and her husband.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Rhonda said! Would like to have been there with you all--if nothing else to see Preston dancing in the streets! I sure miss all of you!

Mrs. G

Pedro said...

that's so like so cool.

for family to see what their children are doing in God work.

thats'narly

Michawn said...

Suggestion: I want to hear about your community. Who are they, what do they do, etc. I know there are a ton of them, but it would be neat to know who they are...just a little bried description of the people you call friends.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll do that soon, Michawn.