Monday, March 12, 2007

Pray for Erin

Last Sunday as I was going into church, I passed a girl. As I passed her, the Lord told me to pray for her. Then, she ended up sitting a few rows in front of us. She was sitting by herself. I just had the urge to go up to her. About half way through the worship, she got up and walked out. I distinctly heard the Lord tell me to follow her, so I did.

She went into the bathroom and so did I. After using the bathroom, I saw her walk back into the service. I felt really embarrassed, so I walked back to my seat. I thought that maybe there would be a time when we shook hands and greeted each other, and I would talk to her then. However, before I reached my seat, I turned around and went to the back of the auditorium where she was making her way back to her seat. She walked so slowly and looked like she may be in pain.

When I went up to her, I didn't know what to say, so I said, "Are you feeling okay?" She said that she had a medical condition. As I looked into her eyes, I realized that she was very young. She told me that her name was Erin and she had a tumor growing around her heart. The doctors cannot operate because of where the tumor is located. She goes to the hospital 4 days a week for treatment. I told her that the Lord had told me to pray for her. So, right there in the midst of the congregation singing praises to the Lord, I hugged her and prayed that the Lord would do a miracle in her life. Please pray for Erin to be healed. The Lord told me to pray for her, and now He's asking you to pray as well.

3 comments:

ginsmom said...

Auny, I will pray! I love it when God lets us in on what He's doing...such a humbling privilege!

Amber said...

God in you is SO Awesome, Auny! The gift that he has given you, to know when people need prayer is truly amazing!!! I got chill bumps just reading this entry! I will be praying for a miracle for Erin!

Pedro said...

yeah, me too.

I will pray for a miracle!!!!!