Friday, March 02, 2007

Prayer for a Community

I love having a community. Last night, we went out with friends and talked about family and work and the Lord for a few hours. Some of my other friends are having family problems back home and they are several hours away. I have friends who are having financial problems.

However, lots of cool things are happenning with my friends as well. Recently, one of them got a new house. Another one got a brand new car. One of our friends is working on her album and we listen to her songs before they are completely finished and give her our support. It's so cool!

We share the good and bad together. This weekend, we are actually home. Therefore, we are going to spend time hanging out with our friends. I have been praying to have a community like this for about 7 years now. I'm very thankful that the Lord has answered my prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

god listens to you

Pedro said...

all that is very inspiring, i'am also praying for EVERYONE.

Brittney Spears, The Family of Anna Nicole Smith, and basically everyone in the world.

My heart goes out to them.
I'm not going to ask if this sounds cheesy cause its not.

Anonymous said...

The thing about communities is they change. Someone new moves in, or someone very near and dear to us moves out. Most of us are not comfortable with change. However, when we surround ourselves with brothers and sisters in the Lord for our personal uplifting and encouragement we will always quickly adjust to the change and be even richer for it. One thing is when we are lacking in family or community, God is ever more present. Mom in Shepherd

Amber said...

I am so glad you have wonderful christain brothers and sisters in christ that you can confide in and rely on! You and Brock need and deserve that!!! Always thinking of and praying for you!