Thursday, March 22, 2007

Missionaries Commissioned

Last night, we drove to Memphis in order to see my sister and brother-in-law commissioned to be missionaries. They are going to Peru where they will organize young men and women to go out into the jungle and reach people who have never heard the gospel before. I'm so proud of them!

Forty-nine missionaries were commissioned last night. They each gave a brief testimony of how they were called to do this. When I say brief, I mean 120 words per couple. My brother-in-law worked it out to 6 sentences of 20 words for each of them. After they both had all of their sentences ready, my sister, Kay, began counting and it was over 200 words. Needless to say, my brother-in-law wasn't a math major, but it doesn't matter because he's going to be a missionary!

The testimonies although short (with 49 people, we actually appreciated the brevity) were very moving. These people are so committed and willing to sacrifice for the Lord. It was inspiring!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That's SOOO AWESOME! I'll be praying for them!

Anonymous said...

that is fantastic. i will also pray. this is moving! i have chills! i hope they reach out to people. they're great for doing this because i would be terrified. they're some good people! just like u and brock!