Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No Worries Part 2

I had a long talk on the phone with my grandma the other day and she gave me some very good advice. She told me that you better learn how to handle stress early on in life because you have stress in your life no matter what age you are. Even after you retire, you have stress. It's just a different kind of stress. Brock handles stress very well. I'm trying to learn from him. The main thing he does is that he doesn't worry about anything. If something goes wrong, he handles it then. Even if he thinks up a Plan B, he still doesn't worry about Plan A not happening.

Sunday morning, our pastor spoke about worrying. It was a very good message. He used Philippians 4:4-7 as a guideline. His tips were to:
1. Rejoice in the Lord (vs 4)
2. Relax (vs 5)
3. Rest (vs 6)

He also said, "Control is an illusion." He continued with three other practical ways on how not to worry:
1. Focus your thoughts on positive things (vs 8)
2. Focus your attention on encouraging models (vs 9)
3. Find the peace of God in every circumstance (vs 9)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once I lost (or was pick-pocketed I am not sure which) a large sum of money. After spending a long time looking for it, my husband said to me, "Do you want to look for it the rest of the time we have here or go and see Edinburgh?" I knew that he was right. So we went. My prayer later that day was that whoever found the money would have a real need for it and it would be a blessing for them. Or if it was stolen that the thief would feel such guilt that it would change their life. I will never know what happened, but I know that God is in control and anything that I have is his anyway. All of the worry in the world would not have changed my situation and would have wasted what became a fabulous day. It was an expensive, but well learned lesson.

Rhonda