Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Flat Tire 2 Blocks from my House

We drove all day yesterday and I was ready to get home. However, I really missed my friends, too. It had been a week since I'd seen most of them. I had just talked to one of my friends on the phone and she was wondering if we were going to be home in time to hang out. Since we were still 4 hours away, I didn't think that would happen.

Then, as we were almost home, we get a call from Shannon. A couple of friends had taken her to our house to pick up her car. She just jumped in the car without bringing her cell phone. She only made it to the gas station before she realized she had a really bad flat. She called us from the phone in the gas station because we were the only numbers she had memorized. Then, we called her friends who called AAA.

Shortly after that, we met all three of them at the gas station and hung out for an hour and a half. The ironic thing was that we were only two blocks from our house, yet we didn't quite make it home. We kept calling AAA and they kept assuring us that someone was on the way. After so long, we got fed up and Brock went out and put air in the tire so that she could make it home no problem. Just as we were all saying goodbye and pulling away from the gas station, the wrecker guy sent from AAA pulled in. That's the way it always happens! However, I got to spend some time with my friends, so I'm not complaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, other things like this has happen like waiting for a phone call or waiting for a mail package,

this sounds like a conspiracy.....

Anonymous said...

Nice one! There's still the other way if you'll need it...

Tires Miami