Saturday, September 29, 2007

Inherited Traits

My dad bought a new bathing suit the other day. He hadn't bought one in about 10 years and only got a new one because the chlorine at a pool he'd been in recently had bleached out his old one. I realized that I'm not as bad as him, but I'm like that. I don't buy new things until the old one breaks or gets a hole in it.

Also, mom hides treats from him because he will eat them. That's the way I am! If food is in front of me, I eat it! That's why I don't keep sweets in the house. It's like they call my name. If I make dessert for a party or something, I always give the leftovers out.

My mom and I are more alike in social ways, so our similarities are more obvious. I remember having a party at my house and one of my friends who knows my mom made a comment about it. After seeing the sharpee to write our names on our solo cups, she said, "This is a Pam Baker party if I've ever seen one!"

It's funny the little traits that you pick up from your parents. I'm really noticing them right now as I'm spending time with them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad still won't let me throw away the bleached out bathing suit. He says he might need it again if the chlorine is too strong. We enjoyed you being with us so much, Andrea. We look forward to seeing you again the end of October. Partying Mom