Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Africa

I have a friend named Kyla. She is a wonderful person! She is taking on a whole new job. She is moving into a house and going to be the house mother for young, single, pregnant girls. She is so excited about it!

The house that she is moving into needs a lot of work. It's old and dusty. Whenever anyone says that they don't know how she could live there, she beams up at them and simply states, "It's my Africa!"

Sometimes, you don't have to go all the way to Africa to get out of your comfort zone ("comfort" being the operative word). The Lord calls us to do missions here. We simply must be ready and available like Kyla. Do you feel that God is calling you to "Africa" right where you are?

3 comments:

Angi said...

WOW! I needed that. Thanks!

Barbara said...

Woooooow! is really deep...

HELLOOOOOOOOOO AUNYYYYYYYYYY!!!
How are youuu!!!???

AUNY said...

I'm great, Barbara. How are you?