Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A "Mix-up"

Our office is usually so organized about everything. However, this week, something got mixed up. Our schedule said that we had a show tonight in Texas. The person who books the plane tickets did her job and booked us two flights to Houston today. I was going to stay the rest of the week with my parents instead of flying back home tomorrow with Brock. Then, I'd fly from Houston to Omaha, Ne Sunday to meet up with Brock to do another show there.

Last week while we were driving home from FX, Shannon came up to the front of the truck and calmly told me that we had a problem. Our show today was not in Texas but in Georgia! I quickly asked Sean, our intern, what he was doing on the 26th of September. He acted as if he was going to look at his calendar. Then, he dropped his hand from his bag before getting to his calendar and said, "I can pretty much tell you nothing. I'm open." (He really enjoys going to shows with Brock.)

So, Brock is taking Sean and someone to the office today, but I am still going to Texas to see my parents. I'm so excited to be able to spend time with my family. With my sister in another country with limited communication, it's been difficult on all of us to adjust. This will be a good time to lean on each other. I think that the Lord arranged this "mix-up" of states! Pray that the show in GEORGIA goes well tonight.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Have "OH SO MUCH FUN" with your parents! Some days we just need to be a kid again:)

Anonymous said...

Auny...I hope you read this. My youth group is in need of your prayer. Looks like we will not get financial support from our church to attend SuperWow next year. We will have to raise all the money ourself from donations, fundraisers, etc. Our youth group has grown from 3 to 30 this year. We have 12 young men from 7th-12th grade. We are excited about the growth. Please pray for financial wisdom for our youth team and if it is God's will for us to be there with you guys at FT Walton...God will help us secure the money we need.

Pray for us. Hope you enjoy your visit with your folks.

Teresa in Georgia

AUNY said...

I will be praying for your group. I bet with all of those people in your youth group you will have plenty of participation in fundraising events!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for always being the encourager. You're a "jewel!"

Teresa (in Georgia)