Monday, September 24, 2007

Matching

I'm funny about matching. I'm not very fashion conscious, but I do like to match. I specifically must have a black and gray color scheme or a brown and tan color scheme. There cannot be any mixing of these two types of colors. I have a few brownish shoes and blackish shoes. I even have two different cell phone purses...one is brown, and one is gray.

Last week at FX, I was so disappointed because I forgot to bring my dark gray shoes. I also forgot to bring my gray cell phone pouch. However, I brought some dark clothes that wouldn't match the brown scheme. What saved me was that I found some black sandals that I'd forgotten about in our truck, and we didn't have any cell phone coverage so no need for a cell phone purse!

Does anybody have to match in that way or am I just weird? Does anyone agree that blacks and browns don't belong together in the same outfit?

5 comments:

ginsmom said...

Yep, I'm the same way. Last night was our first "Overflow" service. I had NOTHING to wear, and ended up wearing a black shirt with brown and yellow shoes. I was so self-conscious wearing that on stage the entire night, I vowed I would NEVER do that again...as if anyone could tell what color my shoes were from up there :)

Amber said...

I guess I'm a little different than you girls! I actually think black dress pants look GREAT with a really nice brown shirt. Having a black necklace really helps pull the outfit together! You should try it Gin, you might be surprised! The Women of Faith singers mix those colors, that's where I first saw it! LOL:)

ginsmom said...

Yes, I work around fashion, so I know it's really fashion-forward to break some of the old-fashioned rules, but my problem is I don't know which ones to break!!!! Maybe you could make a list for Auny and me :) Then we could stop worrying!

J.T. said...

My wife thinks I'm crazy, and she might be right, but mixing black and brown makes me a little bit nervous, too.

My question: Is khaki considered brown?

AUNY said...

J.T., you are still so funny!