Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tazewell High School

Normally when we do a school assembly I tune out during the speaking. For me, I don't enjoy messages that don't involve the hope of Jesus Christ. However, yesterday, while we were at Tazewell High School, I got goose bumps while Brock was speaking. I could tell that people's lives were being changed due to what was being said. Later, I found out that this particular high school was in Time Magazine because of the notorious use of prescription drugs.

Also, the locals here told us that drugs are so bad that people cannot get jobs because they fail the drug test. Lowe's sent 18 people to get drug tests and ALL of them failed. One lady is a teacher with 24 students in her class. Six of them are crack babies. How sad!

The Lord is rocking Grundy, VA right now! Pray that He continues to work in the lives of people here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you were in Tazewell! Ruel graduated from Tazewell High School in 1961! Things have changed a lot and, yes, the drugs are terrible there. BUT there are many good people there! God has not given up on them--that is why He sent you there! Are you performing in Tazewell? Would like to get two of my nephews and their wives there! One of them teaches in the Tazewell County School system and the other is an EMT. Do you remember the three little boys who used to come to church with me when they were in Daytona???? The youngest one of those boys now lives in Tazewell--a place called Baptist Valley!

Just keep spreading the word!

Love an prayers are being sent your way!

Mrs. G

Barbara said...

This is really shocking... I'll pray for this mission you have right now. I know everything is going to be ok. God will be shown in this mission more than ever. I feel it.

AUNY said...

We actually performed every night in Grundy.