Thursday, September 06, 2007

Lysine

I absolutely cannot stand getting cold sores on my lips! I feel like they are so HUGE and everyone is looking at them. They make me feel so self conscious, especially when we are on the road and meeting new people all of the time. This year, I found a cure for them. I used to get them about 5 to 6 times per year. Often times, I'd have multiple blisters at a time. Anyway, I hardly ever get them now. On the rare occasion that I do, it's just one that's very small and goes away in a couple of days.

Guess what the secret is...LYSINE. I take a Lysine pill everyday. That's what does it!

Also, the other day, I noticed that my lips were very chapped. I found it strange that my lips would get chapped in the summer. They used to stay chapped all year long, but this year, not at all. Why had they suddenly become chapped? Had I burned them at the pool? No, I'm very anal about putting lip block on every time I go outside. Was it because I was sick? I ruled that out, too. Then, I realized what it was. I had run out of Lysine that week. Apparently, Lysine not only keeps you free of fever blisters, but keeps you from getting chapped lips as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should buy some, where do you get it. I get chapped lips all of the time, but never cold sores.
God Bless,
Britany

AUNY said...

We buy it at our health food store, but you can probably find it at any vitamin place.