Friday, January 18, 2008

Right Place at the Right Time

I only had one night in between a series of shows out on the road. Brock was actually in another city doing a show without me, and I was to join him the following day. I had just eaten dinner and was walking across the parking lot to the bookstore. Brock was telling me on my cell phone that my friend, Kara, just found out that she had a miscarriage. Not only that, but she found out about the miscarriage that day and her husband was in New York City working for the weekend. My heart instantly went out to her. She was so excited about their first child. Her family lived thousands of miles away. I wondered if she had even received a hug yet.

I immediately called her. Kara said, “I know where you are.” I was walking across the parking lot that she was parked in. Later, I found out that she was just driving around and pulled into this particular parking lot. She was praying a desperate prayer to the Lord. She told Him that she didn’t want to go home and she didn’t want to be alone. That’s when I not only entered the parking lot that she was sitting in, but called her!

I went to her and threw my arms around her. We cried and talked together. It was just what Kara needed.

I didn't do anything special. The Lord simply put me in the right place at the right time. Sometimes I wonder how many of these ordained meetings have I missed out on because I got too busy. I think that if we truly listen to that still, small voice, there are ministry opportunities often along the way of life. Now, my ears are open. I go to a quiet place to get away from the noise if I need to in order to hear God. I want Him to interrupt my day because the joy that comes from ministering to others is addictive!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me and Kara

0 comments: