Monday, January 28, 2008

Casado

A couple of months ago, I watched the movie "Blood Diamond." It's a fiction plot, but it's based on what's really happening in some communities in Africa. The fact that families are being torn apart and people are being killed all for the sake of diamonds made me sick to my stomach every time I looked at mine. These "diamond wars" began in '99 which is the year that I got my ring. Long story short, I took my ring off after seeing that movie.

Also, Brock's ring gets loose every winter since he's lost weight. I knew that one day, he'd lose his ring. That one day happened to be in the same week that we'd watched "Blood Diamond." We were both ringless for a while. I must say that when we happened to go into a place without the other (which wasn't very often because we are together 24-7), we were getting hit on more. I guess people still look to see if you have a ring to determine if you are married or not!

Anyway, we both found simple silver rings in Ecuador. Brock kept yelling, "Casado" which means "married" in Spanish. He was saying that we're finally married because we have rings, as if to say we weren't married for the last couple of months because we didn't have rings. The Ecuadorians around simply thought that we just got married! A few minutes later, we happened upon a chapel, so we took some pictures of us "casado."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Amber said...

That's funny! You know, not all diamonds come from Africa. I'm pretty sure mine didn't:)

Michawn said...

That's super cute and funny...but I want to see a picture of the rings too!!

AUNY said...

I put a picture of our rings more close up. They are just simple, silver rings.

Barbara said...

ooooo this is soooo cute!!!
very pretty rings! hahahaha but you don't need the rings to be married. But they are beautiful =)