Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Calling All Angels

One lonely night in September after performing two shows in a row, I tiredly walked across the dark parking lot to our truck. I started offhandedly singing a Train song, “I need a sign to let me know you’re here.” I began to pray, “Lord, I DO want a sign that You are here with us out on the road.” Then, I sang the only other part of the song that I knew, “Calling all angels…” That got me thinking...I wondered if there were angels around me right at that point. After all, I was in a dark parking lot by myself. I climbed up into the truck and sat on the passenger side.

Shortly after, Brock came out and sat down in the driver’s seat. He looked at me and said, “Are you ready for this story?” He explained that a 13 year old boy came up to him after the show all excited. “Did you see them?” He asked. He went on to say that as Brock was speaking, there were hundreds of angels behind him. Then, one angel whose face was so bright that you couldn’t even see it had his hands on Brock’s shoulders the entire time he was sharing the gospel. The boy asked Brock if he felt the angel’s hands. Brock looked at me and said, “I KNOW that boy saw those angels. In Joel it says that our sons will have visions.” Brock said that he was praying that the Lord would show us how real He was that night. I told him about my recent prayer and song.

I don't know if this happens every night Brock delivers a message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. However, I know that it happened on that night. The Lord allowed us to get a glimpse into the supernatural through the eyes of a 13 year old boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I really enjoy reading your blog and am SO EXCITED about what God is doing in Your lives and what Ya'll are doing for him...I went to school with Brock in Saline. It is exciting to see someone from the same "tiny" town out there in the "Big World"...Thanks for Everything you do and God Bless...any chance that ya'll head back this way any time soon?

Matt and Meredith said...

You know, it's interesting that this story was shared today. Have you ever read "Angels" by Billy Graham? In it he talks about all the different kinds of Angels in the Bible. One of them could possibly resemble what people have been thinking is a UFO. Well, in Stephenville, Texas a few days ago, tons of people saw something that resembled a UFO. It's all over the news here. I wonder if it was an angel? Pretty cool.

Haley said...

That's one story I've never heard before. That is really amazing!