Thursday, January 24, 2008

Like Mother Like Son

We went to Stingray City in Grand Cayman. It was an awesome experience! Basically, we got on a boat that took us out to a sandbar where hundreds of huge stingrays swam around. At first, they made me nervous as their slippery bodies brushed up against my legs. However, I got used to them. I even kissed one of them on the nose! Brock spent his entire time trying to catch one which he successfully did! Nobody else caught one besides the guide of the tour.

Then, the boat took us to a place to go snorkeling. Brock's parents had never been snorkeling before. Brock gave them both a quick lesson and his mom took off. You see, Brock has his dad's personality but his daredevil quality comes from his mom. This was especially apparent when we were snorkeling.

When the snorkeling time was up, I searched for Brock because he's usually the last one to get back on the boat. At that moment, he began swimming really quickly away from the boat. A little frustrated, I called his name thinking that he didn't know that it was time to go in. Later, I found out why he had done that. He was going after his mom! She had snorkeled way out at sea! Most people stick close to the boat except Brock and his mom!

Photobucket
The stingrays were big

Photobucket
and they were everywhere!

Photobucket
Brock caught this one. Look how excited he is!


Photobucket
Me kissing its nose. He's looking at me.

Photobucket
Us snorkeling

The next few pictures are beautiful ones that Brock took underwater while he was snorkeling...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

AUNY said...

Those last two are a conch shell and a barracuda!

Amber said...

We went to Grand Cayman on our honeymoon, Loved it! I have to say I was also a little freaked out by the stingrays!!! Beautiful pics!

Shannon said...

These pictures are amazing!

SOOO jealous:)

Barbara said...

How could you do that!!
First: i'll never enter to a place with stingrays. not even touch it with my heand. But that wasn't enough for you... YOU KISS ONE!!
I'll probably sweating cold, wring mocus, doing pee and in a hospital cause a hyperglycemia. hahahaha joking! just omit the fist one ;)

AUNY said...

Ahh Barbara. I love your comments!!!

Matt and Meredith said...

Wow. Amazing experience. That cracks me up about Brock's mom! That's crazy!!!!!! I'm too much of a scaredy cat. Matt and I snorkled across a little area in Mexico on our honeymoon and I held onto him for dear life I was so scared! Ha! Thanks for sharing all of this with us. It's so fun to hear about.