Thursday, January 31, 2008

Baywatch

Toward the end of our vacation, we went to a beach town called Salinas, which is 2 hours away from the large city of Guayaquil where we spent most of our week. As we were lounging on the beach, somebody came running by us. The next thing I see is Brock running into the ocean shirt and all. He saw that one boy was drowning, but when he got out there realized two boys were drowning, both around 7 or 8 years old. The first guy who ran out there got in over his head (literally). At times, it was even over Brock’s head. He ended up carrying both boys in until another guy grabbed one of the boys.

Later on, several people came up to thank Brock. Some were emotional and explained that the boy’s father simply wasn’t watching at the time. From then on out, Brock was known around town as “Baywatch.”

What’s crazy about this story is that it’s not the first time in which Brock has saved someone who was drowning in the ocean. He’s saved people on two other occasions both of those times involving two people as well. All in all, he’s saved 6 people from drowning. I know why too. I watched it all go down. Whenever there was some commotion, everyone looked around wondering what was going on. Then, when it registered that someone was drowning, it was like they assumed others were going to help them already. Brock didn’t stand around wondering…he acted! Before anyone even knew what was going on, Brock was grabbing the boys. Brock is definitely a man of action to say the least!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pray for us tonight. We are performing at Texas Tech in Lubbock, TX.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Brock's blog first this morning and have already lifted you up in prayer for tonight. God willl take care of you!

Mrs. G

AUNY said...

Thanks so much, Mrs. Godbey

Michawn said...

I am guilty of the "looking around" bit. It's not that I don't care, but my reflexes are just so darn slow I guess. I'm going to try to train my reflexes to be faster and be more like Brock. Hopefully if something major happens around me (like a drowning) I will be quick on the draw. But, really...hope something like that doesn't happen around me.

Anyway, go Hasselhoff!

Barbara said...

Brock. Always saving lives. good good.

Matt and Meredith said...

Wow. That's great.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on
Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get
listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem
to get there! Thanks

Review my web-site :: test