Saturday, June 11, 2005

Camp Food

I enjoyed camp, but there is one thing that I'm glad to be absent of...CAMP FOOD. You've got to love camp food. It's so...what's the word?...PROCESSED. They will have these little patties of chicken. What part of the chicken forms this patty? The burgers are perfectly shaped so that it's obvious a machine created these circles of meat or soy or whatever it is.

It reminds me of my college days. I was required to have a meal plan and eat several of my meals in the cafeteria. I was also on the student council. We suggested that they post the fat grams and nutritional value of all of the food up in a visisble place. The administrators adhered to our request and the cafeteria workers were ordered to post the nutritional value of the food they were serving. After a while, we asked them to stop showing us the nutritional value. There was no "nutritional value" to anything they served. The fat grams were so atrotious that we stopped eating the food. We decided that we would rather not know what we were putting into our bodies. Can you believe this processed junk is what we are feeding our kids?

1 comments:

Quatro said...

Auny,
Thought you'd like to know...we serve real food at the Vineyard. We think camp food is awful too, so we work hard to feed the children real stuff! I remember Ridgecrest food and how there were certain days we did not want to eat in the Cafeteria. No chicken patties for us at the Vineyard!
BIZ