Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hurricanes, Tornadoes, and Earthquakes

Yesterday, we drove from Mississippi to Panama City, FL. We ended up driving right through Tropical Storm Arlene. Brock was able to do something that he has always wanted to do. He experienced the eye of the storm. Driving on I-10, wind was heavy coming from the north. Then, it was calm for about 20-30 miles. The storm picked up again only the winds were coming from the south this time. It was cool!

We've seen our fare share of storms. The day that Allison came through Houston a few years ago was the same day that my sister was getting married in Houston. That was interesting!

Right before we got married, I was in Houston and Brock was in Marshall, TX. Seven tornadoes came through the Marshall area three days before we were getting married. I thought, "This is it! Brock's going to die and I'm never going to get married."

We've been in two earthquakes. One in Wyoming and one in Nevada. I woke up abruptly because of the quakes, but Brock slept through both of them!

0 comments: