Friday, June 03, 2005

The Ghost Writer

I talked with the "ghost writer" that I met on the plane. I was really having doubts about my writing ability. The thought of actually writing a book was overwhelming. That's why the idea of a ghost writer was appealing!

I only spoke with the writer, Jan, for a few minutes. However, she gave me advice straight from the Lord. You know that feeling when the Lord is speaking right to you? The Lord spoke to me through Jan.

She told me that writing a book can be overwhelming. I needed to start out by writing a letter to someone. Keep a certain person in mind when I write the letter. As I'm writing, I can think about questions this receiver of the letter might have and answer them. Also, I can think about what I want to tell this person.

Jan closed the conversation by confirming that the Lord ordained our meeting and she wanted to hear from me in about six months. She said that she really felt like the Lord placed us on that plane together.

That was just the encouragement I needed to continue writing the book. She gave me direction. I hope to have something for her to read in six months!

0 comments: