Wednesday, June 29, 2005

New Mexico

We had some free time yesterday afternoon and decided to lay out at our hotel pool. My sunblock was in the truck which was at the venue. However, I've been on the beach for a few weeks now, so my base tan is definately in place. Plus, it was rather late in the day and I was only out there an hour or so. Therefore, I thought that I would be okay. I turned red! It wasn't a bad sunburn. It was just surprising that I burned at all this late in the summer. New Mexico must have some mega sun!

The show last night was as good as it could be considering that it was outside. Outside events are so difficult to do. Not only is it hard to pull of illusions when you have wind and no backstage, but the attention span of the audience is greatly diminished. Also, I like for my audience to be comfortable during a show. Last night, it was hot. People were sitting on metal bleachers, the ground, or standing up. However, with the skateboard team, bmx team, and us, I think that we put on an action packed show.

1 comments:

Amber said...

What a bummer, sweating it out in New Mexico! Wish I was there!