Friday, June 17, 2005

Eminem

I pray for Eminem almost daily. Besides the fact that he is so passionate and honest in his music and if his passion turned to focus on the Lord it would be so effective, one of his t-shirts is hanging in my prayer closet. Therefore, it's there reminding me to pray.

Why do I have an Eminem t-shirt in my prayer closet? I'll tell you the story...We were doing a show in some small town Georgia. The venue was the gym of the church. A variety of ages of people attended. There were families, youth, and several grey hairs. Usually, Brock invites anyone who wants to pray to begin following Christ. Then, he has anyone who made this decision to walk to the back and talk with some loving church people who want to answer questions and pray for them. This night was no exception. However, one guy hit the aisle and instead of going to the back, he headed to the front. As he moved toward Brock, he took off his shirt. He handed Brock the shirt and fell to his knees right there in front of the stage. It was rather funny because this dude was in a church with no shirt. However, this was how he expressed his changed life. He was ready to leave this life behind and follow Christ in a new life.

The shirt he handed Brock had Eminem holding a bloody chainsaw on it. This shirt went to my prayer closet so that I could remember the guy in Georgia who made a very visual commitment to the Lord. Not only do I pray for this young guy, I pray for Eminem as well. He needs the hope of Jesus too.

0 comments: